At the beginning of the week I received the aluminum enclosure and the attempted plastic enclosure. While I do like the idea of plastic (non-conductive, easier to apply a sticker to, cheaper, not anodized), it simply will not work and the quality is sub-standard due to the difficulty involved in cutting. I have to stick to the aluminum enclosure.
I also placed orders for most of the components. I ordered enough parts to complete at least 20 units. I got 50 USB connectors, 20 crystals, 2100 resistors, and 600 capacitors. I did only order 100 connectors though, and at 13 per board, that gives me enough to make 7. I will order more in the future though when I make sure the fitting is right!
I am going to place an order for the circuits this week and see how it all goes! I feel as if I should get a sample board working first, but at the price of prototypes it really isn’t worth it!
I also contacted SparkFun recently. They are a wonderful distributor of electronics supplies, geared towards the hobbyist. I always check their tutorials and new product posts and I asked to see if they would be interested in stocking my product! Guess I’ll have to wait a bit to hear an answer! Wish me luck.